Make the Right Call.

Is it an emergency? Does it feel like the situation could get heated or violent very soon? Is someone in immediate danger? Do you need support right away? If so, please call 999.

If you’re deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

As an alternative to calling 101, in order to help people contact the right service first time, there are pages on our website advising who would be the best agency to contact for a number of issues including:

  • fly-tipping
  • noise complaints
  • nuisance parking
  • abuse on social media
  • fireworks
  • civil disputes
  • annoying phone calls and unwanted visits

Make The Right Call | West Mercia Police


Report a crime | West Mercia Police

Is it an emergency? Is there a crime in progress or someone is at risk of harm? Call 999

If you’ve witnessed or been the victim of crime please report it to us. Reports are dealt with by our control room in exactly the same way whether you report it online or call 101.

Before you give us the details of the crime, we will ask you a few questions to make sure you go to the relevant online form.

Please see our website to find out what else you can report online:

  • Anti-social behaviour
  • Domestic abuse
  • Fraud
  • Road traffic incidents
  • Lost / found property
  • Lost / stolen vehicle

Online reports are dealt with by our control room in exactly the same way whether you call 101 and may save you time during busy call periods.

Home | West Mercia Police

These are the details of some of our partner agencies who are able to assist with advice and guidance for other matters (click on the attached links for more information):

Abandoned Vehicles

You can report an abandoned vehicle like a dumped car to the local council.

Report an abandoned vehicle – GOV.UK (


There is no law in England and Wales that prevent people from having bonfires. But there are circumstances that may occur which may result in the consequence of a bonfire (ie. material type, smoke and nuisance) which may give rise to specific environmental offences. Smoke from a chimney is not covered in this page, please follow the link to our Smoke pages.

Bonfires | Worcestershire Regulatory Services (

Civil Disputes 

Unless a crime has been committed or someone is in immediate danger, the police are unlikely to intervene in civil disputes. However, we’ll put you in touch with the groups and organisations who can help.

Search – Citizens Advice

Advice line (England): 0800 144 8848

Action Fraud 

You can report fraud or cybercrime to Action Fraud any time of the day or night using our online reporting tool. Reporting online is quick and easy. The tool will guide you through simple questions to identify what has happened and our advisors are available twenty four hours to give you help and advice if you need it.

Action Fraud


Your local council is usually responsible for removing graffiti from things like public buildings, monuments, benches and bins.

Report graffiti – GOV.UK (


Contact the Home Office if you think someone is:

  • living or working in the UK illegally
  • employing someone who isn’t allowed to work in the UK
  • involved in smuggling
  • involved in illegal immigration

Report an immigration or border crime – GOV.UK (

Modern Slavery

Modern slavery is real and happening all around us. The good news is anyone can play a part in stamping out exploitation. Keep a look out for the signs of slavery described below, and call the Modern Slavery Helpline or report online if you see anything amiss.

The free Unseen App gives you a short guide to spotting the signs in your pocket, and enables you to report at the click of a button.

08000 121 700

File a report (

Mud, Oil or Spillage on a Road

Report | Worcestershire County Council


If you’re having a problem with noise like loud music, noisy pubs, rowdy parties or barking dogs in your neighbourhood, your council can help you.

Report a noise nuisance to your council – GOV.UK (

Noise | Worcestershire Regulatory Services (

Obstruction in the Road 

Unless there is an obvious danger to road users, you should report obstructions on the road, such as mud, illegal signs, overhanging tree branches, hedges, builder’s skips or scaffolding, to the local council or Highways England.

Report an obstruction on the road – GOV.UK (

Stray Dog 

If you find a stray dog and cannot contact the owner, you must report it to the council.

To report a lost dog contact our Duty Officers at Worcestershire Regulatory Services on 01905 822799 between the hours of 9am – 5pm Mon – Fri. Or use our on-line Lost Dog Form.

All stray dogs picked up by WRS Dog Wardens will have their details (breed, colour size etc.) recorded, a duty officer will be able to check if a dog matching the description of your dog has been found in the Worcestershire area.

The Police can also get involved if a dog displays aggressive behaviour to a human or it attacks livestock. However, if a dog attacks someone else’s pet (such as another dog or a cat) then this would be a civil matter between the animals’ owners.

Report a stray dog – GOV.UK (

Suicide Prevention

If you feel overwhelmed – you are not alone. Please do not suffer in silence.

There are so many people who care for you – and countless places you can turn to. This site does not seek to replicate other excellent resources already in existence but offers signposting and information that we hope will make a difference.

Suicide prevention | Worcestershire County Council

Links to the websites of your local Councils for their reporting process and further information:

Report it – Wychavon District Council